Skip to main content

ANDREW JACKSON MONUMENT, 1935

 Digital Record
Identifier: M2007-04 358

Dates

  • Digitized: 1935

Summary Note

Probably dedication of the stone pedestal and historic marker honoring Andrew Jackson, in Plaza Ferdinand VII, Pensacola, Florida in 1935, erected by the Pensacola Historic Society. On May 19, 1984, this monument was topped wih a bust of Andrew Jackson by Spanish sculptor Eduardo Anievas, through funds raised by the Pensacola Historic Preservation Society.

Rights Statement Note

Photographs and images may not be sold, marketed, or used for commercial applications without express permission from the University of West Florida. Photographs and images may be used by researchers provided credit is given to the University Archives and West Florida History Center, UWF Libraries, Pensacola.

Physical Description Note

Scan of glass plate negative, 8x10. Charles T. Cottrell, Photographer. #358 of the Cottrell/Pfeiffer Collection.

Contributor Note

Contributor: Philip A. Pfeiffer, 2013 Cataloged by, Brooke Bowers, December, 2014

Repository Details

Part of the UWF University Archives and West Florida History Center Repository

Contact:
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola FL 32514 US
(850) 474-2213
(850) 474-3338 (Fax)