Andrew Jackson Statue (Pensacola, Fla.), 1984
Identifier: Digital Object ID ##6djce8
- Digitized: 1984
The Andrew Jackson bust in Plaza Ferdinand VII, Pensacola, Florida, was erected and dedicated on May 19, 1984 as part of the Fiesta of Five Flags celebration. It was commissioned, purchased, and dedicated by the Pensacola Historic Preservation Society. Its artist was Eduardo Anievas who also did the bust of Galvez (1981) in Fort George. The Jackson bust was placed on a previous pedestal carrying a historical marker that was put up in 1935 by the Pensacola Historical Society.
Rights Statement Note
Photographs and images may not be sold, marketed, or used for commercial applications without express permission from the University of West Florida. Researchers may use photographs and images from these collections provided credit is given to the University Archives and West Florida History Center, UWF Libraries, Pensacola.
Physical Description Note
The photograph of the bust comes from Wikipedia Commons but the articles are from the Pensacola News Journal newspaper.
Contributor: Added by Dean DeBolt, May 28, 2015.