University of West Florida. Libraries. Director of Libraries Records (1966-1985)
Collection — Container: M1988-15
Scope and Contents
Administrative records, 1966-1985, of the office of Director of Libraries including correspondence and subject files pertainint to the development of the John C. Pace Library, University of West Florida. A major portion covers the administration of the first Director, James A. Servies, including some records when he was at the College of William and Mary. Other records concern the development of Special Collections, negotiations with donors, correspondence with researchers, and related materials.
- Created: 1966-1985
- Other: Date acquired: 00/00/1985
- University of West Florida (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers, dependent on our compliance with U.S. Copyright Law, HIPPA requirements, donor agreements and other applicable state and federal statutes. Occasionally we may need to review a collection before permitting immediate access.
Conditions Governing Use
Digital photography, scanning, and photocopying of materials is prohibited. Permission may be granted by the Special Collections Librarian for such reprography dependent on issues of copyright, ownership, condition, donor agreements, etc. In general, staff do not make reproductions of copyright materials or materials for which title is not owned by the institution. Recent revisions in the U.S. Copyright Law extended the copyright of correspondence, letters, and other personal papers to the life of the author plus seventy years.
Language of Materials
Alphabetical then chronological.
Source of Acquisition
transfer from the office of Director of Libraries, 1985
Accruals and Additions
Additions, 1986, 1988
- Academic libraries--Florida--Pensacola. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Askew, Reubin O'D., 1928- .
- Bibliography of West Florida--Research files. Subject Source: Local sources
- Carswell, Elba Wilson.
- College of William and Mary.
- Creek Indians--Bibliography. Subject Source: Local sources
- Davies, Pamela Haines.
- Griffith, Odell.
- Holmes County (Fla.)--Newspapers. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- John C. Pace Library.
- John C. Pace Library. Special Collections Dept.
- Libraries--Florida--Pensacola--Special Collections. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Library administration--Florida--Pensacola. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Library buildings--Florida--Pensacola. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Magie, Dian Shelley.
- Maxon, Lois, 1910-1982.
- Mencken, H. L.--Commerations.
- Newton, John.
- Servies, James Albert.
- Sikes Library (Crestview, Fla.)
- Universities and colleges--Florida--Pensacola. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of West Florida--Libraries.
- University of West Florida. Academic Affairs. Director of Libraries.
- University of West Florida. Academic Affairs. Libraries.
- Wentworth, T. T. (Theodore Thomas), 1898-1989.
- White, Joseph M., 1781-1839.
- University of West Florida. Libraries. Director of Libraries Records (1966-1985)
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note