Ellsworth, Lucius F., Papers
Scope and Contents
Personal papers, 1971-1976, including correspondence as Assistant to the Provost, and research files concerning lumbering in West florida, the Bagdad Land and Lumber Company, brickmaking in Pensacola and the firm of Raiford and Abercrombie, Jay Gould and the leather industry, John Williamson Crary, and Fort Jefferson at Key West. University subjects include academic rank at UWF, the Presidential Selection Advisory Committee (1974), Dr. James A. Robinson, and the State University System Faculty Senate Council (1974-1975).
OTHER INFORMATION: Additional Ellsworth records are available including their Creek Indian research (M1981-07) and the records on Pensacola, Deep Water City (M1982-13).
- created: 1971-1976
- Other: Date acquired: 00/00/1983
- Ellsworth, Lucius F. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers, dependent on our compliance with U.S. Copyright Law, HIPPA requirements, donor agreements and other applicable state and federal statutes. Occasionally we may need to review a collection before permitting immediate access.
Conditions Governing Use
Digital photography, scanning, and photocopying of materials is prohibited. Permission may be granted by the Special Collections Librarian for such reprography dependent on issues of copyright, ownership, condition, donor agreements, etc. In general, staff do not make reproductions of copyright materials or materials for which title is not owned by the institution. Recent revisions in the U.S. Copyright Law extended the copyright of correspondence, letters, and other personal papers to the life of the author plus seventy years.
Language of Materials
Alphabetical then chronological.
Source of Acquisition
Dr. Lucius F. Ellsworth, 1983
- McCall, Archibald. (Person)
- Abercrombie family. (Family)
- University of West Florida--Administration. (Organization)
- Bagdad Land and Lumber Company. (Organization)
- Raiford and Abercrombie (Pensacola, Fla.) (Organization)
- Gould, Jay, 1836-1892. (Person)
- Crary, John Williamson, 1814-1897. (Person)
- University of West Florida--Faculty. (Organization)
- University of West Florida. Presidential Selection Advisory Committee. (Organization)
- Fort Jefferson (Fla.)
- Milton (Fla.)--Businesses--1850.
- Milton (Fla.)--Businesses--1860.
- Pensacola (Fla.)--Businesses--1850.
- Pensacola (Fla.)--Businesses--1860.
- Ellsworth, Lucius F., Papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note