West Florida Genealogical Society Records
Scope and Contents
Records, 1982- , including minutes, committee files, conference materials, lineage charts, membership records, and related records.
OTHER INFORMATION: Newsletters that are not in the collection are kept with the West Florida Periodical Files. Journals are in BWF/RBR.
- Created: 1982-
- Other: Date acquired: 03/00/1986
- West Florida Genealogical Society (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers, dependent on our compliance with U.S. Copyright Law, HIPPA requirements, donor agreements and other applicable state and federal statutes. Occasionally we may need to review a collection before permitting immediate access.
Conditions Governing Use
Digital photography, scanning, and photocopying of materials is prohibited. Permission may be granted by the Special Collections Librarian for such reprography dependent on issues of copyright, ownership, condition, donor agreements, etc. In general, staff do not make reproductions of copyright materials or materials for which title is not owned by the institution. Recent revisions in the U.S. Copyright Law extended the copyright of correspondence, letters, and other personal papers to the life of the author plus seventy years.
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Dean DeBolt, March 1986
Accruals and Additions
Additions: Lee Scott, May 1987, March 1995, August 1997, August 1998, June 1999; Berdine Rittenhouse, August 2000; Emily Walsh, January 2001
- Florida--Genealogy. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Genealogies--Florida. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Genealogy--Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minutes--Florida. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- West Florida Genealogical Society.
- West Florida Genealogical Society Records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note