Blount, Alexander Clement, III (1889-1978), Papers
Scope and Contents
Personal and business papers, 1900-1975, including legal case and collection files, 1900-1918, including those as a law agent for the Louisville and Nashville Railroad, 1914-1917; real estate transaction papers both as an administrator of real estate and trusts records of organizations and companies where Mr. Blount was an officer or director. These include records of the Bayou Chico Land Company, 1941-1963; the Children's Home Society of Florida, Pensacola branch, 1940-1955; the Crippled Children's Commission, 1930; the Federal Home Loan Bank of Greensboro, North Carolina, 1952-1956; Gulf Power Company, 1950-1968; the Institute of Government, 1946-1948; Mutual Federal Savings and Loan Association, 1920-1975; the Pensacola Rotary Club, 1940-1947; the Savage Turpentine Company, 1900-1968; the United States Savings and Loan League, 1944-1950; and the Visiting Nurse Association of Pensacola, 1944-1954.
Mr. Blount's papers include genealogical and biographical material about the Blount family in Florida and North Carolina, newspaper clippings about A. C. Blount, and correspondence of Mary Ida Saunders, 1914-1918, while a student at Shorter College in Rome, Georgia prior to their marriage in 1917. [8,121 pieces]
[NOTE: QUICK REFERENCE INDEX
1914-1918 Letters of first wife, Mary Ida Saunders Box 9
1915 Personal bankruptcy Box 8
1915-1919 Military service and activities Box 4
1930-1960s Correspondence Box 2
Directorships Box 6, 7
Organizations active in, Box 4, 5, 7
Newspaper Clippings about, Box 10
Collections Box 1, 2
Court Costs Box 4
Law Agent for L & N Railroad Box 1
Legal Cases Box 1
1920 Mutual Savings and Loan Box 2
Real Estate transactions Box 2, 4, 5
Bayou Chico Land Company Box 6
Mary S. Blount properties Box 4, 5
- Created: 1900-1975
- Other: Date acquired: 12/15/1982
- Blount, Alexander Clement, III (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers, dependent on our compliance with U.S. Copyright Law, HIPPA requirements, donor agreements and other applicable state and federal statutes. Occasionally we may need to review a collection before permitting immediate access.
Conditions Governing Use
Digital photography, scanning, and photocopying of materials is prohibited. Permission may be granted by the Special Collections Librarian for such reprography dependent on issues of copyright, ownership, condition, donor agreements, etc. In general, staff do not make reproductions of copyright materials or materials for which title is not owned by the institution. Recent revisions in the U.S. Copyright Law extended the copyright of correspondence, letters, and other personal papers to the life of the author plus seventy years.
Language of Materials
Arrangement is alphabetical then chronological.
Source of Acquisition
Mrs. A. C. (Edna Ard) Blount, Pensacola, Fla., December 15, 1982
Accruals and Additions
Additional materials given by Carla Kemp, Tallahassee, Fla.
- American National Bank, Pensacola.
- Bayou Chico Land Company.
- Blount family.
- Blount, Mary Ida--Correspondence.
- Blunt family.
- Case files--Florida. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Childrens Home Society of Florida.
- Federal Home Loan Bank of Greensboro.
- Florida Crippled Children's Commission.
- Florida. Institute of Government.
- Freemasons--Florida--Pensacola. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Genealogies--Florida. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Genealogies--North Carolina. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Gulf Power Company.
- Lawyers--Florida--Pensacola. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Louisville and Nashville Railroad Company.
- Mutual Building and Saving Association (Pensacola, Fla.).
- Mutual Federal Savings and Loan Association (Pensacola, Fla.).
- Mutual Loan and Savings Association (Pensacola, Fla.).
- Pensacola Carnival Association.
- Pensacola Chamber of Commerce.
- Pensacola Rotary Club.
- Real estate investment--Florida. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Revelers of Ariola. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Saunders, Mary Ida.
- Savage Turpentine Company.
- Shorter College--Students--Correspondence.
- Sons of the American Revolution.
- Southern Oil Stores, Inc.
- United States Savings and Loan League.
- Visiting Nurse Association of Pensacola.
- West Florida Naval Stores Company.
- Blount, Alexander Clement, III (1889-1978), Papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note