Sister City Scrapbook
Scope and Contents
Scrapbook concerning the Pensacola People to People Council, Inc. and its successor, Pensacola Sister Cities Inhternational, 1962-1983 with materials concerning Pensacola's connections with sister cities of Chimbote, Peru; Miraflores, Peru; and Kaohsiung, Taiwan. Digitized with permission from original scrapbook held by the UWF Historic Trust, Inc., July 2017.
- Created: 1962-1983
- Other: Date acquired: 07/13/2017
- Taylor, Sanford (Person)
Biographical or Historical Information
Per Amelia Asmar, this scrapbook was compiled by Sanford Taylor. It covers the organization from 1962 through roughly 1983.
Note written by
Language of Materials
Digital images with printed copy of scrapbook concerning the Pensacola People to People Council, Inc., and its successor, Pensacola Sister Cities International, Inc., 1962-1983, including newspaper clippings, photographs, correspondence, pamphlets, brochures and other materials collected by Sanford Taylor about Pensacola's connections with sister cities of Chimbote, Peru; Miraflores, Peru; and Kaohsiung, Taiwan. Includes materials concerning Harold B. Grow, Mrs. John A. Merritt (Betty Merritt), Mrs. Calvin Todd (Anne Todd), Vince Whibbs, Reinhold Holm, as well as materials about the Chimbote earthquake, visits of officials from sister cities, the Reader's Digest award to the city, and the involvement of the University of West Florida.
Digital images are in order as they appear in the scrapbook. Scrapbook is a three-ring notebook with plastic sleeve pages and items are inserted in them, either mounted on paper or simply put into the sleeves. In scanning, items were unfolded and scanned in their entirety, including booklets and other multi-page items. Some sleeves have identifications on the outside written on stickers; this information was added to the scan of the original item from inside the sleeve.
Source of Acquisition
Loan from UWF Historic Trust
Method of Acquisition
Original three-ring binder of plastic sleeve pages loaned to UWF Archives and West Florida History Center for digitization.
- Chimbote, Peru Subject Source: Local sources
- Grow, Harold B.
- Holm, Reinhardt
- Kaohsiung, Taiwan Subject Source: Local sources
- Merritt, Betty (Mrs. John A. Merritt)
- Miraflores, Peru Subject Source: Local sources
- Pensacola People to People Council, Inc.
- Pensacola Sister Cities International, Inc.
- Peru--Photographs. Subject Source: Local sources
- Sister Cities
- Taiwan--Description and Travel Subject Source: Local sources
- Taylor, Sanford
- Todd, Anne (Mrs. Calvin Todd)
- University of West Florida--Peruvian Studies Subject Source: Local sources
- University of West Florida--Taiwan Relations Subject Source: Local sources
- Whibbs, Vince.
- Sister City Scrapbook
- Dean DeBolt
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note