First Presbyterian Church (Pensacola, Fla.) Records
Scope and Contents
Records, 1880-1997, including registers, minute books, histories, worship service bulletins, newsletters, publications, sermons, and other papers. Early records on microfulm cover 1880-1975 and include a roster of pastors, elders, communicants and baptisms, 1896-1969; session minutes 1880-1975; board of deacons minute books, 1885-1933; and other papers.
- created: 1880-1997
- Other: Date acquired: 00/00/1993
- First Presbyterian Church (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers, dependent on our compliance with U.S. Copyright Law, HIPPA requirements, donor agreements and other applicable state and federal statutes. Occasionally we may need to review a collection before permitting immediate access.
Conditions Governing Use
Digital photography, scanning, and photocopying of materials is prohibited. Permission may be granted by the Special Collections Librarian for such reprography dependent on issues of copyright, ownership, condition, donor agreements, etc. In general, staff do not make reproductions of copyright materials or materials for which title is not owned by the institution. Recent revisions in the U.S. Copyright Law extended the copyright of correspondence, letters, and other personal papers to the life of the author plus seventy years.
Language of Materials
Alphabetical, then chronological
Source of Acquisition
Dean DeBolt, 1993-
Genre / Form
- Baptismal records--Florida--Pensacola.
- Church bulletins--Florida--Pensacola.
- Minute books--Florida--Pensacola.
- Registers (lists)--Florida--Pensacola.
- First Presbyterian Church (Pensacola, Fla.) Records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note