Federal Writer's Project Pensacola Newspaper Research Collection
Collection — translation missing: en.enumerations.container_type.container: M1988-03
Scope and Contents
Photocopy typescript of "Pensacola Newspaper Research" abstracted and prepared by Pensacolian, Modeste Hargis for the Federal Writer's Project in Florida in 1934. This 320-page document is a compilation of items from Pensacola newspapers, 1838-1934, which the compiler felt of historic or intrinsic interest. A name and subject index is available.
- Created: 1838-1934
- Other: Date acquired: 10/00/1987
- Federal Writer's Project (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers, dependent on our compliance with U.S. Copyright Law. HIPPA requirements, donor agreements and other applicable state and federal statutes. Occasionally we may need to review a collection before permitting immediate access.
Conditions Governing Use
Digital photography, scanning, and photocopying of materials is prohibited. Permission may be granted by the Special Collections Librarian for such reprography dependent on issues of copyright, ownership, condition, donor agreements, etc. In general, staff do not make reproductions of copyright materials or materials for which title is not owned by the institution. Recent revisions in the U.S. Copyright Law extended the copyright of correspondence, letters, and other personal papers to the life of the author plus seventy years.
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
photocopied from carbon copy loaned by Dr. Gary Mormino from the collections of the Florida Historical Society at the University of South Florida, Tampa, October 1987
- Abstracts--Florida--Pensacola. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- American newspapers--Florida--Pensacola. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Federal Writers' Project of the Work Projects Administration for the State of Florida.
- Hargis, Modeste, compiler.
- Pensacola (Fla.)--History. Subject Source: Local sources
- Federal Writer's Project Pensacola Newspaper Research Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note