University of West Florida. Music Department Records
Scope and Contents
Records, 1970-1981, consisting of materials pertaining to visiting artists, musical groups, and symphony orchestras in the Music Hall Artists Series and the West Florida Music Festival. Includes clipping files for Music Department activities, 1968-1970, and Florida League of the Arts files, 1970-1972.
- created: 1970-1981
- Other: Date acquired: 10/00/1983
- University of West Florida (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers, dependent on our compliance with U.S. Copyright Law, HIPPA requirements, donor agreements and other applicable state and federal statutes. Occasionally we may need to review a collection before permitting immediate access.
Conditions Governing Use
Digital photography, scanning, and photocopying of materials is prohibited. Permission may be granted by the Special Collections Librarian for such reprography dependent on issues of copyright, ownership, condition, donor agreements, etc. In general, staff do not make reproductions of copyright materials or materials for which title is not owned by the institution. Recent revisions in the U.S. Copyright Law extended the copyright of correspondence, letters, and other personal papers to the life of the author plus seventy years.
Language of Materials
Alphabetical, then chronological.
Source of Acquisition
Department of Music, UWF, through the Records Management Office, October 1983
- Florida League of the Arts. (Organization)
- Florida Arts Council. (Organization)
- University of West Florida. Dept. of Music. (Organization)
- University of West Florida. Music Hall Artists Series. (Organization)
- West Florida Music Festival. (Organization)
- University of West Florida. Music Department Records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note