University of West Florida. Development Office Records
Collection — Container: M1983-16
Scope and Contents
Records, 1967-1979, including foundation files and scholarship files. These files cover those organizations which made direct grants or gifts to the University and include correspondence, financial documents, newspaper clippings, and other materials pertaining to the gifts. Key organizations include the Edward Ball Wildlife Foundation for the nature trail, the Alfred I. DuPont Foundation on the endowment of the Mary Ball Washington Chair, the Ford Foundation for the Venture Fund grant, and the Gannett Foundation.
- Created: 1967-1979
- Other: Date acquired: 10/00/1983
- University of West Florida (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers, dependent on our compliance with U.S. Copyright Law, HIPPA requirements, donor agreements and other applicable state and federal statutes. Occasionally we may need to review a collection before permitting immediate access.
Conditions Governing Use
Digital photography, scanning, and photocopying of materials is prohibited. Permission may be granted by the Special Collections Librarian for such reprography dependent on issues of copyright, ownership, condition, donor agreements, etc. In general, staff do not make reproductions of copyright materials or materials for which title is not owned by the institution. Recent revisions in the U.S. Copyright Law extended the copyright of correspondence, letters, and other personal papers to the life of the author plus seventy years.
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Development Office, University of West Florida, October 1983
- Alfred I. DuPont Foundation.
- Ball, Edward N.
- Campanella, Joe.
- Charitable uses, trusts, and foundations--Florida--Pensacola. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Charitable uses, trusts, and foundations--United States. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Edward Ball Nature Trail. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Edward Ball Wildlife Foundation.
- Financial records--Florida--Pensacola. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ford Foundation.
- Gannett Foundation.
- Nature trails--Florida--Pensacola. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pensacola Athletic Club. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Rafford Hall, Pensacola (Fla.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Universities and colleges--Florida--Pensacola--Finance. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of West Florida. Development Ofice.
- University of West Florida. Finance.
- Wentworth, T. T. (Theodore Thomas), 1898-1989.
- University of West Florida. Development Office Records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note