Robertson, William D., Papers
Scope and Contents
Personal papers, 1933-1961, including correspondence, land abstracts, plat maps, and related material of organizations that Mr. Robertson was active in, or for, which he performed legal services, primarily in Santa Rosa County. Correspondents include Lex Green, Bob Sikes, Millard F. Caldwell, Claude Pepper, Charles Andrews; Florida Governors LeRoy Collins, Spessard L. Holland, Fuller Warren; and John C. Malone, Ashley Pace, and J. Edgar Hoover.
Organizations include the Norman A. Garrett American Legion Post, the Florida Democratic Party (1958), the First Baptist Church of Milton, Florida, the Florida Baptist Convention, the Florida Childrens Commission, the Florida Prosecuting Attorneys Association, the Milton Kiwanis Club, the Santa Rosa County Childrens Committee, the Santa Rosa Tuberculosis Association, the Selective Service Board (Milton), the State Democratic Executive Committee, and the University of Florida Alumni Association.
Other subjects include the Santa Rosa Beach Administration (leases and development of Navarre Beach); the Santa Rosa County Commissioners (roads, subdivisions, bond issues, water franchises); Eglin Air Force Base (road and land condemnations); and the Santa Rosa County School Board (budgets, Gulf Breeze School).
- created: 1933-1961
- Other: Date acquired: 06/00/1984
- Robertson, William D. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers, dependent on our compliance with U.S. Copyright Law, HIPPA requirements, donor agreements and other applicable state and federal statutes. Occasionally we may need to review a collection before permitting immediate access.
Conditions Governing Use
Digital photography, scanning, and photocopying of materials is prohibited. Permission may be granted by the Special Collections Librarian for such reprography dependent on issues of copyright, ownership, condition, donor agreements, etc. In general, staff do not make reproductions of copyright materials or materials for which title is not owned by the institution. Recent revisions in the U.S. Copyright Law extended the copyright of correspondence, letters, and other personal papers to the life of the author plus seventy years.
Language of Materials
Alphabetical, then chronological
Source of Acquisition
Mrs. Barbara Robertson, June 1984
- Collins, LeRoy--Correspondence. (Person)
- Holland, Spessard L., (Spessard Lindsey), 1892-1971--Correspondence. (Person)
- Warren, Fuller (1905-1973)--Correspondence. (Person)
- Pace, Ashley, 1896-1972--Correspondence. (Person)
- Hoover, J. Edgar (John Edgar), (1895-1972)--Correspondence. (Person)
- Green, Robert Alexis, 1892-1973--Correspondence. (Person)
- Sikes, Robert L. F. (1906-1994)--Correspondence. (Person)
- Caldwell, Millard Fillmore, 1897- --Correspondence. (Person)
- Pepper, Claude, 1900-1989--Correspondence. (Person)
- Andrews, Charles Oscar (1877-1946)--Correspondence. (Person)
- Milton Kiwanis Club (Milton, Fla.) (Organization)
- Santa Rosa County Children's Committee. (Organization)
- Santa Rosa Tuberculosis Association. (Organization)
- Santa Rosa County (Fla.). School Board. (Organization)
- Gulf Breeze School (Gulf Breeze, Fla.) (Organization)
- Democratic Party (Fla.) (Organization)
- First Baptist Church of Milton (Milton, Fla.) (Organization)
- Florida Baptist Convention. (Organization)
- Florida Children's Commission. (Organization)
- Florida Prosecuting Attorneys Association. (Organization)
Genre / Form
- Bonds--Florida--Santa Rosa County.
- Eglin Air Force Base (Fla.)
- Eminent domain--Florida--Santa Rosa County.
- Navarre Beach (Fla.)
- Practice of law--Florida--Santa Rosa County.
- Public schools--Florida--Santa Rosa County--Appropriations and expenditures.
- Roads--Florida--Santa Rosa County.
- Water--Florida--Santa Rosa County.
- Robertson, William D., Papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note