Scope and Contents
Family papers, 1863-1925, relating to the Baker family of Jackson County, Florida and the William H. Watson family of Pensacola, Florida. Includes land deeds, conveyances, tax receipts, family letters, lineage chart and photographs. Principal correspondents include James L.G. Baker, James L. Baker, Mary Jane Daffin, James S. Baker, William H. Watson, Jr., James B. Watson and Mrs. Elizabeth Dickinson.
- Created: 1863-1925
- Other: Date acquired: 00/00/1980
- Baker Family (Family)
- Watson Family (Family)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers, dependent on our compliance with U.S. Copyright Law, HIPPA requirements, donor agreements and other applicable state and federal statutes. Occasionally we may need to review a collection before permitting immediate access.
Conditions Governing Use
Digital photography, scanning, and photocopying of materials is prohibited. Permission may be granted by the Special Collections Librarian for such reprography dependent on issues of copyright, ownership, condition, donor agreements, etc. In general, staff do not make reproductions of copyright materials or materials for which title is not owned by the institution. Recent revisions in the U.S. Copyright Law extended the copyright of correspondence, letters, and other personal papers to the life of the author plus seventy years.
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Mrs. James B. Watson, 1980
- Baker family.
- Baker, James L. G.--Correspondence.
- Conveyances--Florida. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Daffin, Mary Jane--Correspondence.
- Deeds--Florida. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dickinson, Elizabeth--Correspondence.
- Genealogies--Florida. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Greenwood (Fla.) Subject Source: Local sources
- Jackson County (Fla.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Marianna (Fla.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pensacola (Fla.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pensacola Classical School.
- Photographs--Florida. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Tax records--Florida. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Watson family.
- Watson, James B., 1909- --Correspondence.
- Watson, William H. (William Henry), 1876-1967--Family.
- Watson, William H. (William Henry), 1907-1974--Correspondence.
- Baker-Watson Papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the UWF University Archives and West Florida History Center Repository
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola FL 32514 US
(850) 474-3338 (Fax)