Carpenter, Cornelia, Papers
Collection — Container: M1979-03
Scope and Contents
Family correspondence, 1895-1920, newspapers clippings, family photographs and various papers relating to Simpson & Company Lumber Mill, Bagdad, Florida. Mr. H.T. Wright, Mrs. Carpenter's, was a prominent member of this firm. Many photographs from Mrs. Carpenter's family photograph album, 1900-1914, were copied and deposited in the Pensacola picture file.
- Created: 1895-1920
- Other: Date acquired: 01/00/1979
- Carpenter, Cornelia (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers, dependent on our compliance with U.S. Copyright Law, HIPPA requirements, donor agreements and other applicable state and federal statutes. Occasionally we may need to review a collection before permitting immediate access.
Conditions Governing Use
Digital photography, scanning, and photocopying of materials is prohibited. Permission may be granted by the Special Collections Librarian for such reprography dependent on issues of copyright, ownership, condition, donor agreements, etc. In general, staff do not make reproductions of copyright materials or materials for which title is not owned by the institution. Recent revisions in the U.S. Copyright Law extended the copyright of correspondence, letters, and other personal papers to the life of the author plus seventy years.
Source of Acquisition
Gift of Mrs. Cornelia Brown Carpenter, 200 W. Wright St., Pensacola, Fla., January 1979
- Bagdad (Fla.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Blackwater (Fla.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Bushnell, R. M.--Correspondence.
- Carpenter family.
- Knox Hill (Fla.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pensacola (Fla.)--Social life and customs. Subject Source: Local sources
- Photographs--Florida. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Saybrook (Conn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Simpson & Company Lumber Mill (Bagdad, Fla.)
- Wright family.
- Wright, H. T. (Henry T.)--Correspondence.
- Carpenter, Cornelia, Papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description