Murray, James F., Papers
Scope and Contents
Personal papers, 1968-1977, including correspondence, reports, newspaper clippings, published hearings, testimony, and other materials concerning the St. Regis Paper Company, Cantonment, Florida and the discharge of industrial waste into Perdido Bay, 1971-1975. Correspondents include U. S. Senator Edward Gurney, U. S. Representative Robert Sikes, the Pollution Control Board of Florida, the U. S. Envirionmental Protection Agency, and local, state, and federal agencies in Florida and Alabama. Also includes the personal papers of Jean Hern Murray, 1968-1973, concerning the American Association of University Women and their concerns about the Gulf Islands National Seashore, pollution and development on Santa Rosa Island, and the Santa Rosa Island Authority.
OTHER INFORMATION: St. Regis later became Champion Paper Company then International Paper, and the Pollution Control Board of Florida became the Florida Department of Environmental Regulation.
- created: 1968-1977
- Other: Date acquired: 00/00/1984
- Murray, James F. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers, dependent on our compliance with U.S. Copyright Law, HIPPA requirements, donor agreements and other applicable state and federal statutes. Occasionally we may need to review a collection before permitting immediate access.
Conditions Governing Use
Digital photography, scanning, and photocopying of materials is prohibited. Permission may be granted by the Special Collections Librarian for such reprography dependent on issues of copyright, ownership, condition, donor agreements, etc. In general, staff do not make reproductions of copyright materials or materials for which title is not owned by the institution. Recent revisions in the U.S. Copyright Law extended the copyright of correspondence, letters, and other personal papers to the life of the author plus seventy years.
Language of Materials
Alphabetical; report files are chronological.
Source of Acquisition
Jean F. Murray, Pensacola, Fla., 1984
- Murray, Jean Hern. (Person)
- Murray, James F. (Person)
- Santa Rosa Island Authority. (Organization)
- American Association of University Women. (Organization)
- United States. Environmental Protection Agency. (Organization)
- Florida. Pollution Control Board. (Organization)
- St. Regis Paper Company. (Organization)
- Gurney, Edward, (Edward John), 1914- --Correspondence. (Person)
- Sikes, Robert L. F. (1906-1994)--Correspondence. (Person)
Genre / Form
- Environmental policy--Alabama.
- Environmental policy--Florida.
- Environmental policy--United States.
- Factory and trade waste--Florida.
- Gulf Islands National Seashore (Fla. and Miss.)
- Marine pollution--Perdido Bay (Ala. and Fla.)
- Paper industry--Florida--Waste disposal.
- Pollution--Florida--Santa Rosa Island.
- Real estate development--Florida--Santa Rosa Island.
- Murray, James F., Papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note