Whitaker, Hurdis, Collection
Scope and Contents
Papers of Hurdis Whitaker (1874-192 6), including photocopies and newspaper clippings relating to his management of the Muscogee Commissary for the Southern States Lumber Company, 1909-1917, and as Sheriff of Escambia County, 1920's. Other topics include Governor Sidney J. Catts, Mrs. O. H. Thompson of Crestview, and the Whitaker family.
- created: 1874-1926
- Other: Date acquired: 03/00/1979
- Whitaker, Hurdis (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers, dependent on our compliance with U.S. Copyright Law, HIPPA requirements, donor agreements and other applicable state and federal statutes. Occasionally we may need to review a collection before permitting immediate access.
Conditions Governing Use
Digital photography, scanning, and photocopying of materials is prohibited. Permission may be granted by the Special Collections Librarian for such reprography dependent on issues of copyright, ownership, condition, donor agreements, etc. In general, staff do not make reproductions of copyright materials or materials for which title is not owned by the institution. Recent revisions in the U.S. Copyright Law extended the copyright of correspondence, letters, and other personal papers to the life of the author plus seventy years.
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Received with Calvin Todd Papers [M1979-02], gift of Mrs. Calvin (Anne) Todd, March 1979
- Southern States Lumber Company. Muscogee Commissary. (Organization)
- Thompson, O. H., Mrs. (Person)
- Catts, Sidney Johnston, 1863-1936. (Person)
- Whitaker family. (Family)
- Whitaker, Hurdis, Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note