Gamble, Thomas, Letter
Collection — Container: M1989-01SC
Scope and Contents
A.L.S., Pensacola, Florida, June 3, 1772, to Loard Barrington; states Gamble has heard from General Gage concerning Gamble's appointment to rank of Captain, and thanks Barrington for his support in securing the appointment.
- Created: 1772
- Other: Date acquired: 00/00/1989
- Gamble, Thomas (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers, dependent on our compliance with U.S. Copyright Law, HIPPA requirements, donor agreements and other applicable state and federal statutes. Occasionally we may need to review a collection before permitting immediate access.
Conditions Governing Use
Digital photography, scanning, and photocopying of materials is prohibited. Permission may be granted by the Special Collections Librarian for such reprography dependent on issues of copyright, ownership, condition, donor agreements, etc. In general, staff do not make reproductions of copyright materials or materials for which title is not owned by the institution. Recent revisions in the U.S. Copyright Law extended the copyright of correspondence, letters, and other personal papers to the life of the author plus seventy years.
Source of Acquisition
Purchase, Joseph Rubinfine, West Palm Beach, Fla., 1989
- Barrington, William Wildman Barrington, Viscount, 1717-1793--Correspondence.
- Florida--History--English colony, 1763-1784. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Gage, Thomas, 1721-1787.
- Great Britain. Army--Appointments and retirements.
- Pensacola (Fla.)--History. Subject Source: Local sources
- Gamble, Thomas, Letter
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description