Santa Rosa County Land Records
Collection — Container: M1983-27SC
Scope and Contents
A group of land records, 1856-1935, including mortgages, land grants, promissory notes, and other materials for lands in Santa Rosa County. Includes such firms as Balentine and Whitley, Milton, Florida; S. J. Stewart & Bro., Milton, florida; and Presidential land grants signed in proxy by Franklin Pierce, and William McKinley. An annotated calendar of names and land descriptions is available in the collection inventory.
- Created: 1856-1935
- Other: Date acquired: 00/00/1983
- Santa Rosa County (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers, dependent on our compliance with U.S. Copyright Law, HIPPA requirements, donor agreements and other applicable state and federal statutes. Occasionally we may need to review a collection before permitting immediate access.
Conditions Governing Use
Digital photography, scanning, and photocopying of materials is prohibited. Permission may be granted by the Special Collections Librarian for such reprography dependent on issues of copyright, ownership, condition, donor agreements, etc. In general, staff do not make reproductions of copyright materials or materials for which title is not owned by the institution. Recent revisions in the U.S. Copyright Law extended the copyright of correspondence, letters, and other personal papers to the life of the author plus seventy years.
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Peggy Walker, Director, The Children's Home Society of Florida, Pensacola, 1983
- Balentine and Whitley (Milton, Fla.)
- J. S. Stewart & Bro. (Milton, Fla.)
- Land grants--Florida--Santa Rosa County. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- McKinley, William, 1843-1901.
- Mortgages--Florida--Santa Rosa County. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pierce, Franklin, 1804-1869.
- Promissory notes--Florida--Santa Rosa County. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Real property--Florida--Santa Rosa County. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Santa Rosa County Land Records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note