Metzger, Lewis William, Papers
Scope and Contents
Personal papers, including publications, citations, and photographs, reflecting personal and military career interests. Subjects include Nantucket, Massachusetts, Lenin, World War II, and General Westmorelard.
NOTE: A number of books donated by Capt. Metzger have been placed in the library collections and into Rare Books.
- created: 1921-1985
- Other: Date acquired: 08/00/1989
- Metzger, Lewis William (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers, dependent on our compliance with U.S. Copyright Law, HIPPA requirements, donor agreements and other applicable state and federal statutes. Occasionally we may need to review a collection before permitting immediate access.
Conditions Governing Use
Digital photography, scanning, and photocopying of materials is prohibited. Permission may be granted by the Special Collections Librarian for such reprography dependent on issues of copyright, ownership, condition, donor agreements, etc. In general, staff do not make reproductions of copyright materials or materials for which title is not owned by the institution. Recent revisions in the U.S. Copyright Law extended the copyright of correspondence, letters, and other personal papers to the life of the author plus seventy years.
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Gift of Lewis William Metzger, Pensacola, Fla., August 1989
- Metzger, Lewis William. (Person)
- Westmoreland, William C. (William Childs), 1914- --Correspondence. (Person)
- Lenin, Vladimir, 1870-1924. (Person)
- United States. Navy--Officers. (Organization)
- Metzger, Lewis William, Papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note