University of West Florida. Aeronautical Systems Records
Scope and Contents
Records (1968-1973) including correspondence, materials on the UWF Corpus Christi Center, student theses, commencement programs, and related materials. Select thesis subjects cover airports in Atlanta, Pensacola, and NAS Pensacola, the port of Corpus Christi, satellite development and deployment, the usage of airships in transportation, and emergency rescue missions in space.
NOTE: Aeronautical Systems was offered through contracts with the United States Navy to students in naval aviation. The Department was phased out in 1976, replaced by Systems Science.
- created: 1968-1973
- Other: Date acquired: 07/00/1989
- University of West Florida (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers, dependent on our compliance with U.S. Copyright Law, HIPPA requirements, donor agreements and other applicable state and federal statutes. Occasionally we may need to review a collection before permitting immediate access.
Conditions Governing Use
Digital photography, scanning, and photocopying of materials is prohibited. Permission may be granted by the Special Collections Librarian for such reprography dependent on issues of copyright, ownership, condition, donor agreements, etc. In general, staff do not make reproductions of copyright materials or materials for which title is not owned by the institution. Recent revisions in the U.S. Copyright Law extended the copyright of correspondence, letters, and other personal papers to the life of the author plus seventy years.
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Donations from Physics Department of records of Dr. Richard G. Fleddermann, augmented by University Archives backlog and uncataloged materials, July 1989
Genre / Form
- Aeronautics--Study and teaching--Florida--Pensacola.
- Aerospace engineering--Florida--Pensacola.
- Artificial satellites--Design and construction.
- Artificial satellites.
- Harbors--Texas--Corpus Christi.
- Space rescue operations.
- Universities and colleges--Florida--Pensacola.
- Universities and colleges--Texas--Corpus Christi.
- University of West Florida. Aeronautical Systems Records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note