Retired Officers Association, Pensacola Chapter Records
Collection — Container: M1984-13
Scope and Contents
Records and papers, 1971-1985, including minutes, newsletters, correspondence and related materials. Agencies and subjects include the Escambia County Veterans Round Table, the Naval Aerospace and Regional Medical Center (Pensacola), and military pay legislation with correspondence from U. W. Senators Lawton Chiles, Ed Gurney, Peter H. Dominick, Richard Schweiker, Sam Ervin, Lloyd Bentsen, and Representative Bob Sikes.
- Created: 1971-1985
- Other: Date acquired: 12/00/1984
- Retired Officers Association (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers, dependent on our compliance with U.S. Copyright Law, HIPPA requirements, donor agreements and other applicable state and federal statutes. Occasionally we may need to review a collection before permitting immediate access.
Conditions Governing Use
Digital photography, scanning, and photocopying of materials is prohibited. Permission may be granted by the Special Collections Librarian for such reprography dependent on issues of copyright, ownership, condition, donor agreements, etc. In general, staff do not make reproductions of copyright materials or materials for which title is not owned by the institution. Recent revisions in the U.S. Copyright Law extended the copyright of correspondence, letters, and other personal papers to the life of the author plus seventy years.
Language of Materials
Alphabetical then chronological.
Source of Acquisition
LCOL. Phillip M. Theinel, December 1984
Accruals and Additions
Addition, February 1986
- Bentsen, Lloyd--Correspondence.
- Chiles, Lawton, 1930-1998--Correspondence.
- Dominick, Peter H, (Peter Hoyt), 1915- --Correspondence.
- Ervin, Sam J., (Sam James), 1896-1985--Correspondence.
- Escambia County Veterans Round Table (Escambia County, Fla.)
- Gurney, Edward, (Edward John), 1914- --Correspondence.
- Minutes--Florida--Pensacola. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Naval Aerospace Regional Medical center (Pensacola, Fla.).
- Newsletters--Florida--Pensacola. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Retired Officers Association (U.S.), Pensacola Chapter.
- Retired military personnel--Florida--Pensacola--Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Schweiker, Richard S., (Richard Schultz), 1926- --Correspondence.
- Sikes, Robert L. F. (1906-1994)--Correspondence.
- United States--Armed Forces--Pay, allowances, etc.--Law and legislation.
- United States. Navy--Medical care--Florida--Pensacola.
- Veterans--Florida--Escambia County--Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Retired Officers Association, Pensacola Chapter Records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note