Bowman, Dicy Villar, Papers
Scope and Contents
Personal papers, 1966-1969, of Dicy Villar Bowman, Pensacola, Florida, as a member of the State Courses of Study Committee, Florida Department of Education. Papers include minutes, reports, and materials concerning textbook selection for state schools. Collection includes digital copy of her book, The Five Daughters of Manuel Dominguez (1985).
- Created: 1966-1969, 1985
- Other: Date acquired: 12/00/1984
- Bowman, Dicy Villar (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers, dependent on our compliance with U.S. Copyright Law, HIPPA requirements, donor agreements and other applicable state and federal statutes. Occasionally we may need to review a collection before permitting immediate access.
Conditions Governing Use
Digital photography, scanning, and photocopying of materials is prohibited. Permission may be granted by the Special Collections Librarian for such reprography dependent on issues of copyright, ownership, condition, donor agreements, etc. In general, staff do not make reproductions of copyright materials or materials for which title is not owned by the institution. Recent revisions in the U.S. Copyright Law extended the copyright of correspondence, letters, and other personal papers to the life of the author plus seventy years.
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Dicy Villar Bowman, December 1984
- Bowman, Dicy Villar.
- Education--Florida--Curriculum. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida. State Department of Education. State Courses of study Committee.
- Minutes--Florida. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Textbooks--Florida. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Bowman, Dicy Villar, Papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the UWF University Archives and West Florida History Center Repository
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola FL 32514 US
(850) 474-3338 (Fax)