United States Naval Hospital (Pensacola, Fla.) Records
Scope and Contents
Records, 1826-1911, includes appointment certificate as Surgeon for Isaac Hulse (1826); daily watch journal for the Naval Hospital, 1910-1911; and correspondence log, 1864-1865, covering hospital operations, patients, employees, nurses, and deaths of Federal naval servicemen at the hospital. Correspondents include M. S. Geist, William Seaman, Samuel L. Southard, and John Quincy Adams.
- created: 1826-1911
- Other: Date acquired: 11/20/1990
- United States Naval Hospital (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers, dependent on our compliance with U.S. Copyright Law, HIPPA requirements, donor agreements and other applicable state and federal statutes. Occasionally we may need to review a collection before permitting immediate access.
OTHER--Conditions of Loan may apply in some instances.
Conditions Governing Use
Digital photography, scanning, and photocopying of materials is prohibited. Permission may be granted by the Special Collections Librarian for such reprography dependent on issues of copyright, ownership, condition, donor agreements, etc. In general, staff do not make reproductions of copyright materials or materials for which title is not owned by the institution. Recent revisions in the U.S. Copyright Law extended the copyright of correspondence, letters, and other personal papers to the life of the author plus seventy years.
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Permanent loan from U.S. Naval Hospital, Pensacola, Fla.; received from Commander D. J. Wildes, November 20, 1990
- Hulse, Isaac, 1797-1856. (Person)
- Adams, John Quincy, 1767-1848--Correspondence. (Person)
- Geist, Emil Sebastian, 1878-1933--Correspondence. (Person)
- Seaman, William H., 1837-1910--Correspondence. (Person)
- Southard, Samuel L., (Samuel Lewis), 1787-1842--Correspondence. (Person)
- United States. Navy--Medical care--Florida--Pensacola. (Organization)
Genre / Form
- Commissions--United States.
- Journals (accounts)--Florida--Pensacola.
- Logs (records)--Florida--Pensacola.
- Florida--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Hospitals.
- Florida--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Registers of dead.
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Hospitals.
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Registers of dead.
- Hospital patients--Florida--Pensacola.
- Hospitals, Naval and marine--Florida--Pensacola.
- Pensacola (Fla.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865.
- United States Naval Hospital (Pensacola, Fla.) Records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note