Simmons Family Papers
Scope and Contents
Personal papers of the Simmons Family of Pensacola including family photographs and photocopies of birth certificates, wills, and other materials about the family, 1947-1980.
One of few collections at UWF about black families in Pensacola.
- Created: 1947-1980
- Other: Date acquired: 08/00/1981
- Simmons Family (Family)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers, dependent on our compliance with U.S. Copyright Law, HIPPA requirements, donor agreements and other applicable state and federal statutes. Occasionally we may need to review a collection before permitting immediate access.
Includes some confidential personal information gathered by relief agencies which should be screened by Special Collections staff.
Conditions Governing Use
Digital photography, scanning, and photocopying of materials is prohibited. Permission may be granted by the Special Collections Librarian for such reprography dependent on issues of copyright, ownership, condition, donor agreements, etc. In general, staff do not make reproductions of copyright materials or materials for which title is not owned by the institution. Recent revisions in the U.S. Copyright Law extended the copyright of correspondence, letters, and other personal papers to the life of the author plus seventy years.
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
photocopied from originals owned by Mrs. Georgia Simmons, Pensacola, Fla., August 1981
- African Americans--Florida--Pensacola. Subject Source: Local sources
- Birth certificates--Florida--Pensacola. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs--Florida--Pensacola. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Simmons family
- Wills--Florida--Pensacola. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Simmons Family Papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note