Scope and Contents
Small group of photocopy letters written from Pensacola between 1825 and 1852. Subjects and correspondents include Henry Marie Brackenridge, Lt. Richard H. Morris, W. L. Campbell, J. G. Williams, the Marines in the Pensacola Navy Yard, the U.S.S. Raritan, and John Hutchinson.
Descriptions are based on the photocopies provided; there is a great deal of illegibility to the materials which cannot be verified in the absence of the originals.
- created: 1825-1852
- Other: Date acquired: 03/00/1991
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers, dependent on our compliance with U.S. Copyright Law, HIPPA requirements, donor agreements and other applicable state and federal statutes. Occasionally we may need to review a collection before permitting immediate access.
Conditions Governing Use
Digital photography, scanning, and photocopying of materials is prohibited. Permission may be granted by the Special Collections Librarian for such reprography dependent on issues of copyright, ownership, condition, donor agreements, etc. In general, staff do not make reproductions of copyright materials or materials for which title is not owned by the institution. Recent revisions in the U.S. Copyright Law extended the copyright of correspondence, letters, and other personal papers to the life of the author plus seventy years.
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Charles L. Booher, March 1991
- Brackenridge, H. M., (Henry Marie), 1786-1871--Correspondence. (Person)
- Morris, Richard H., d. 1837--Correspondence. (Person)
- Williams, J. G., fl. 1825-1826--Correspondence. (Person)
- Hutchinson, John, fl. 1825-1826--Correspondence. (Person)
- Campbell, W. L., fl. 1825-1826--Correspondence. (Person)
- United States. Marine Corps. (Organization)
- Raritan (Frigate). (Organization)
- Pensacola Navy Yard (Fla.) (Organization)
- Pensacola Letters
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note