Rosasco, William S., III. First National Bank of Santa Rosa Papers
Scope and Contents
Personal paper, 1981-1985, of William S. Rosasco, III, concerning the planning, establishment, and opening of the First National Bank of Santa Rosa, Milton, Florida. Includes Board of Directors' records, correspondence with federal regulators, newspaper clippings, and related materials concerning bank operations and policies.
An excellent body of materials concrning opening of a new bank in the 1980s climate of banking and finance; accompanied by other banking/finance related information relevant to the period. Chronological files are remarkably complete as to banking practices, Federal requirements, stock issuance, and formation of a bank holding company.
See also Accession M1991-01 on attempt to organize a savings and loan institution in Milton, Florida in 1959.
- Created: 1981-1985
- Other: Date acquired: 05/00/1991
- Rosasco, William S., III (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers, dependent on our compliance with U.S. Copyright Law, HIPPA requirements, donor agreements and other applicable state and federal statutes. Occasionally we may need to review a collection before permitting immediate access.
Conditions Governing Use
Digital photography, scanning, and photocopying of materials is prohibited. Permission may be granted by the Special Collections Librarian for such reprography dependent on issues of copyright, ownership, condition, donor agreements, etc. In general, staff do not make reproductions of copyright materials or materials for which title is not owned by the institution. Recent revisions in the U.S. Copyright Law extended the copyright of correspondence, letters, and other personal papers to the life of the author plus seventy years.
Language of Materials
Alphabetical, then chronological
Source of Acquisition
William S. Rosasco III, May 1991
- Banks and banking--Florida--Milton--Government policy--United States. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Business records--Florida--Milton. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Businessmen--Florida--Milton. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- First National Bank of Santa Rosa (Milton, Fla.)
- First National Bank of Santa Rosa (Milton, Fla.). Board of Directors.
- First National Bank of Santa Rosa papers, 1981-1985. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Rosasco, William S., III, 1929- .
- Rosasco, William S., III. First National Bank of Santa Rosa Papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note