University of West Florida. Photograph Collections
Scope and Contents
Photographs, negative files, documentation such as notes or information on the photographs, and related materials.
The office of Information Services is responsible for photography work for all university publications including the catalog and for documenting people and history of the University through visual media.
In 1989, the Division of University Relations was renamed the Division of University Advancement. The Office of Information Services as renamed the Office of University Relations.
The photograph files are numbered to indicate "job number" - "month - "year." For example, 223-10-81 would indicate the 223rd job, October 1981.
- created: 1964-
- Other: Date acquired: 00/00/1991
- University of West Florida (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers, dependent on our compliance with U.S. Copyright Law, HIPPA requirements, donor agreements and other applicable state and federal statutes. Occasionally we may need to review a collection before permitting immediate access.
Conditions Governing Use
Digital photography, scanning, and photocopying of materials is prohibited. Permission may be granted by the Special Collections Librarian for such reprography dependent on issues of copyright, ownership, condition, donor agreements, etc. In general, staff do not make reproductions of copyright materials or materials for which title is not owned by the institution. Recent revisions in the U.S. Copyright Law extended the copyright of correspondence, letters, and other personal papers to the life of the author plus seventy years.
Language of Materials
Job number, chronological.
Source of Acquisition
Tom Carter, Office of Information Services, University of West Florida, 1991
- University of West Florida. University Relations. (Organization)
- University of West Florida. Office of Information Services. (Organization)
- University of West Florida--Photographs. (Organization)
- University of West Florida--Photograph collections. (Organization)
- University of West Florida. (Organization)
- University of West Florida. Photograph Collections
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note