Carlson, Gladys, Papers
Collection — Container: M1991-08
Scope and Contents
Photocopies of published genealogical research on family lines written and compiled by Gladys Carlson, Pensacola, Florida, including lineage charts, facsimiles of manuscript letters, and related documentation. Family names include Alexander, Barber, Bilyeu, Bird, Brumley, Duckworth, McKnight, Montgomery, Peel, Robinson, Sample, Wallace, and Williams. Places include Lancaster County, Virginia; Mecklenburg County, North Carolina; and Cannon County, Tennessee.
- Other: Date acquired: 11/00/1991
- Carlson, Gladys (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers, dependent on our compliance with U.S. Copyright Law, HIPPA requirements, donor agreements and other applicable state and federal statutes. Occasionally we may need to review a collection before permitting immediate access.
Conditions Governing Use
Digital photography, scanning, and photocopying of materials is prohibited. Permission may be granted by the Special Collections Librarian for such reprography dependent on issues of copyright, ownership, condition, donor agreements, etc. In general, staff do not make reproductions of copyright materials or materials for which title is not owned by the institution. Recent revisions in the U.S. Copyright Law extended the copyright of correspondence, letters, and other personal papers to the life of the author plus seventy years.
Source of Acquisition
Gladys Carlson, Pensacola, Fla., November 1991
- Alexander family--Genealogy.
- Barber family.
- Bilyeu family.
- Bird family.
- Brumbley family.
- Brumley family.
- Byrd family--Genealogy.
- Cannon County (Tenn.)--Genealogy. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Carlson, Gladys.
- Charts. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Duckworth family.
- Genealogies. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Lancaster County (Va.)--Genealogy. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- McKnight family.
- Mecklenburg County (N.C.)--Genealogy. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Montgomery family.
- Peale family.
- Peel family.
- Robinson family.
- Sample family.
- Wallace family.
- Williams family.
- Women genealogists--Florida--Pensacola. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Carlson, Gladys, Papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description