Gilman Family Papers
Scope and Contents
Photocopies of correspondence, newspaper clippings, veteran records, wills, Bible records, deeds and land records, and other genealogical materials primarily pertaining to the Gilman or Gillman family of Alabama and West Florida, compiled by Doris G. Enfinger of Pensacola, Florida. Includes related families of Tindle, McMillan, Ashcroft, and Thomas families of Holmes, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, Escambia Counties, Florida, and Alabama, as well as Gilman famillies in other areas of the United States. Key correspondents include Annie L. Thomas, Doris G. Enfinger, and Merton T. Goodrich.
This photocopy set was copied from a researcher's notebook in the order as found in the notebook. Special Collections staff have numbered the pages to retain order.
Folder 1, pages 1-229
Folder 2, pages 230-510
- Other: Date acquired: 05/00/1992
- Gilman Family (Family)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers, dependent on our compliance with U.S. Copyright Law, HIPPA requirements, donor agreements and other applicable state and federal statutes. Occasionally we may need to review a collection before permitting immediate access.
Conditions Governing Use
Digital photography, scanning, and photocopying of materials is prohibited. Permission may be granted by the Special Collections Librarian for such reprography dependent on issues of copyright, ownership, condition, donor agreements, etc. In general, staff do not make reproductions of copyright materials or materials for which title is not owned by the institution. Recent revisions in the U.S. Copyright Law extended the copyright of correspondence, letters, and other personal papers to the life of the author plus seventy years.
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Darrell Gillman, Milton, Fla., May 1992
- Gilman family. (Family)
- Gillman family. (Family)
- Ashcraft family. (Family)
- Ashcroft family. (Family)
- Thomas, Annie L.--Correspondence. (Person)
- Thomas family. (Family)
- Goodrich, Merton Thomas--Correspondence. (Person)
- Enfinger, Doris G., compiler. (Person)
- Enfinger, Doris G.--Correspondence. (Person)
- Tindle family. (Family)
- McMillan family. (Family)
Genre / Form
- Bible records--Alabama.
- Bible records--Florida.
- Military records--Alabama.
- Military records--Florida.
- Holmes County (Fla.)--Genealogy.
- Okaloosa County (Fla.)--Genealogy.
- Santa Rosa County (Fla.)--Genealogy.
- Gilman Family Papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note