Milner, Florence Thiot, Papers
Scope and Contents
Papers, 1927-1973, including correspondence, typescripts and drafts of poetry, subject and idea files, genealogical information, photographs, and books containing published works. Other subjects and correspondents include the Milner, Thiot, Winship, and Wylly families, Henry Harrison (1903- ), Wightman Fletcher Melton (1867-1944), the Poetry Society of America, and the National Writers Club.
As a working writer, FTM often edited her work; many of the typescript poems carry several dates; these are often when written, when re-edited, or when submitted to a magazine or book. There are often multiple copies of poems, with some variations in them, either through typewriting or manuscript corrections.
The papers and books have been arranged chronologically in their respective groups.
Married name is Mrs. Frank Moncrieff Milner or Florence Moncrieff Milner.
There is an alphabetical list by title of Poems of Florence Thiot Milner in the Accession File.
- created: 1927-1973
- Other: Date acquired: 01/00/1993
- Milner, Florence Thiot (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers, dependent on our compliance with U.S. Copyright Law, HIPPA requirements, donor agreements and other applicable state and federal statutes. Occasionally we may need to review a collection before permitting immediate access.
Conditions Governing Use
Digital photography, scanning, and photocopying of materials is prohibited. Permission may be granted by the Special Collections Librarian for such reprography dependent on issues of copyright, ownership, condition, donor agreements, etc. In general, staff do not make reproductions of copyright materials or materials for which title is not owned by the institution. Recent revisions in the U.S. Copyright Law extended the copyright of correspondence, letters, and other personal papers to the life of the author plus seventy years.
Language of Materials
Chronological in respective groups.
Source of Acquisition
Marjorie Crosfield Milner, January 1993
Accruals and Additions
Additions made by Rosemary Milner Kiefer, May 1996
- Lanier, Jewell. (Person)
- Harrison, Henry, 1903- . (Person)
- Melton, Wrightman Fletcher, 1867-1944. (Person)
- Hollowell, Maude Haynes. (Person)
- Milner family. (Family)
- Milner, James Stewart. (Person)
- Milner, Frank Moncrieff. (Person)
- Milner, Florence Thiot, 1879-1969--Correspondence. (Person)
- Clubbs, Occie, 1888-1971. (Person)
- Richardson, Cynthia Brosnaham. (Person)
- Bruington, Lola Lee Daniell. (Person)
- Robinson, Celia Myrover. (Person)
- Thiot family. (Family)
- Winship family. (Family)
- Wylly family. (Family)
- Poetry Society of America. (Organization)
- National Writers Club (U.S.) (Organization)
- Milner, Florence Thiot, Papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note