Ellis, Thomas Howard, Papers
Collection — Container: M1981-25SC
Scope and Contents
Genealogical records relating to the Ellis and Pearce families of Dothan, Alabama, and Milton, Florida, including deeds for sales of lands, information on the Pearce Point Lumber Company (1870s), and a lineage register for the Allen family of Virginia which includes the Watts, Pearce and Ellis families.
- Created: 1866-1937
- Other: Date acquired: 09/00/1981
- Ellis, Thomas Howard (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers, dependent on our compliance with U.S. Copyright Law, HIPPA requirements, donor agreements and other applicable state and federal statutes. Occasionally we may need to review a collection before permitting immediate access.
Conditions Governing Use
Digital photography, scanning, and photocopying of materials is prohibited. Permission may be granted by the Special Collections Librarian for such reprography dependent on issues of copyright, ownership, condition, donor agreements, etc. In general, staff do not make reproductions of copyright materials or materials for which title is not owned by the institution. Recent revisions in the U.S. Copyright Law extended the copyright of correspondence, letters, and other personal papers to the life of the author plus seventy years.
Source of Acquisition
T. H. Ellis, Daphne, Alabama, September 1981
- Allen family.
- Deeds--Alabama. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dothan (Ala.)-- Genealogy. Subject Source: Local sources
- Ellis family--Genealogy.
- Genealogies--Southern States. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Lumber trade--Florida--Santa Rosa County. Subject Source: Local sources
- Milton (Fla.)--Genealogy. Subject Source: Local sources
- Pearce Point Lumber Company.
- Pearce family.
- Virginia--Genealogy. Subject Source: Local sources
- Watt family.
- Watts family.
- Ellis, Thomas Howard, Papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description