Anderson Family Papers
Scope and Contents
Photographs and personal papers, 1828-1931, of the Anderson, Craig, Hargis, Holden, Kryger, McConaughy, and Pape families of Mobile, Alabama; Pensacola, Tallahassee and Deland, Florida. Includes records concerning Dr. Warren E. Anderson and early hospitals in Pensacola including St. Anthony's Sanitarium and the Pensacola Infirmary among others, and early nurses training under F. Elizabeth Crowell.
Detailed inventory and alphabetical name index available.
- Created: 1828-1931
- Other: Date acquired: 08/00/1981
- Anderson Family (Family)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers, dependent on our compliance with U.S. Copyright Law, HIPPA requirements, donor agreements and other applicable state and federal statutes. Occasionally we may need to review a collection before permitting immediate access.
Conditions Governing Use
Digital photography, scanning, and photocopying of materials is prohibited. Permission may be granted by the Special Collections Librarian for such reprography dependent on issues of copyright, ownership, condition, donor agreements, etc. In general, staff do not make reproductions of copyright materials or materials for which title is not owned by the institution. Recent revisions in the U.S. Copyright Law extended the copyright of correspondence, letters, and other personal papers to the life of the author plus seventy years.
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Mrs. William K. Beard, August 1981
- Anderson family.
- Anderson, Warren E.
- Craig family.
- Crowell, F. Elizabeth.
- De Land (Fla.) Subject Source: Local sources
- Hargis family.
- Holden family.
- Hospitals--Florida--Pensacola. Subject Source: Local sources
- Kryger family.
- McConaughy family.
- Mobile (Ala.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nurses--Training of--Florida--Pensacola. Subject Source: Local sources
- Pape family.
- Pensacola (Fla.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pensacola Infirmary.
- Photographs--Alabama--Mobile. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs--Florida. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- St. Anthony's Sanitarium (Pensacola, Fla.)
- Tallahassee (Fla.) Subject Source: Local sources
- Anderson Family Papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note