Thompson, Grace, Papers
Scope and Contents
Personal papers of Grace Thompson, Gulf Breeze, Florida, consisting of photocopies of correspondence, photographs, newspaper clippings, and other materials concerning the writing and production of "The March Sisters of Concord" a musical play about Louisa May Alcott and its productions in New Jersey, New York, and England in 1978-1979; materials concerning the development of Andrew Jackson Day in Florida in 1983; research materials, original music and playscripts for the Grace Thompson Junior Theatre, Gulf Breeze, Florida; materials concerning Theodore Roosevelt and the Roosevelt Family; her work in honoring the U. S. S. New Jersey and its re-commissioning and her recognition by the New Jersey State Senate, and other writings and music authored by Grace Thompson.
- Created: 1978-1996
- Other: Date acquired: 10/00/1981
- Thompson, Grace (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers, dependent on our compliance with U.S. Copyright Law, HIPPA requirements, donor agreements and other applicable state and federal statutes. Occasionally we may need to review a collection before permitting immediate access.
Conditions Governing Use
Rights to use any play/music for production are retained by the author; permission required.
&nnsp; Photocopies of materials may be made only by permission of the Universiy Archivist.
&nnsp; Digital photography, scanning, and photocopying of materials is prohibited. Permission may be granted by the University Archivist for such reprography dependent on issues of copyright, ownership, condition, donor agreements, etc. In general, staff do not make reproductions of copyright materials or materials for which title is not owned by the institution. Recent revisions in the U.S. Copyright Law extended the copyright of correspondence, letters, and other personal papers to the life of the author plus seventy years.
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Mrs. Grace Thompson, Gulf Breeze, Fla., October 1981
Accruals and Additions
Additions: March 1983, March 1991, July 1998, September 1998
- Alcott, Louisa May, 1832-1888--In literature.
- Jackson, Andrew, 1767-1845--Anniversaries, etc.
- Jackson, Andrew, 1767-1845--Drama.
- Musicals--Great Britain. Subject Source: Local sources
- Musicals--New Jersey. Subject Source: Local sources
- Musicals--New York (State). Subject Source: Local sources
- Pensacola (Fla.)--Celebrations--Andrew Jackson Day, 1983 Subject Source: Local sources
- Roosevelt family.
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919.
- Special days--Florida. Subject Source: Local sources
- Thompson, Grace C., 1918-2001. March sisters in Concord.
- U.S.S. New Jersey Subject Source: Local sources
- Women authors, American--Florida--Gulf Breeze. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women dramatists, American--Gulf Breeze. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Thompson, Grace, Papers
- Dean DeBolt
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note