Young Men's Christian Association (Pensacola, Fla.) Records
Collection — Container: M1987-19
Scope and Contents
Records of the Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA) of Pensacola, Florida, 1881-present. Includes annual reports, minutes, newspaper clippings, press releases, and photographs and other materials concerning the history of the YMCA, its buildings, programs, and activities in Pensacola. Key individuals include Oscar Brock, Maurice Davis, and Robert Hart. Includes materials on the United Service Organization (USO).
- Created: 1881-
- Other: Date acquired: 05/12/1988
- Young Men's Christian Association (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers, dependent on our compliance with U.S. Copyright Law, HIPPA requirements, donor agreements and other applicable state and federal statutes. Occasionally we may need to review a collection before permitting immediate access.
Conditions Governing Use
Digital photography, scanning, and photocopying of materials is prohibited. Permission may be granted by the Special Collections Librarian for such reprography dependent on issues of copyright, ownership, condition, donor agreements, etc. In general, staff do not make reproductions of copyright materials or materials for which title is not owned by the institution. Recent revisions in the U.S. Copyright Law extended the copyright of correspondence, letters, and other personal papers to the life of the author plus seventy years.
Alphabetical, then chronological.
Source of Acquisition
Martha Driscoll, May 12, 1988
- Annual Reports--Florida--Pensacola. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Brock, Oscar--Correspondence.
- Davis, Maurice--Correspondence.
- Minutes--Florida--Pensacola. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs--Florida--Pensacola. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Press Releases--Florida--Pensacola. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United Service Organizations (U.S.)--Correspondence.
- Young Men's Christian Associations--Florida--Pensacola.
- Young Men's Christian Association (Pensacola, Fla.) Records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description