Hollowell, Maude Haynes, Papers
Scope and Contents
Personal papers comprising of scrapbooks and records of organizations in which she was a member or officer. Scrapbooks cover the U.S. Space program, th election and assassination of President John F. Kennedy, the end of the vietnam war and return of the Prisoners of War, Pensacola Catholics, and Pensacola businesses. Organization records include Altrusa of Pensacola, the League of Women voters, the Northwest Florida Crippled Children's Association, the Pensacola Symphony Orchestra, the Warrington American Legion Auxiliary, and the Warrington Business and Professional Women's Club.
Other materials cover the Pensacola Hemerocallis Society, Sacred Heart Church, Catholic High School, University Hospital Auxiliary, the Pensacola Art Center, and a variety of civic and women's organizations in Bellview and Pensacola, Florida. [3602 pieces].
- created: 1936-1982
- Other: Date acquired: 05/00/1982
- Hollowell, Maude Haynes (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers, dependent on our compliance with U.S. Copyright Law, HIPPA requirements, donor agreements and other applicable state and federal statutes. Occasionally we may need to review a collection before permitting immediate access.
Conditions Governing Use
Digital photography, scanning, and photocopying of materials is prohibited. Permission may be granted by the Special Collections Librarian for such reprography dependent on issues of copyright, ownership, condition, donor agreements, etc. In general, staff do not make reproductions of copyright materials or materials for which title is not owned by the institution. Recent revisions in the U.S. Copyright Law extended the copyright of correspondence, letters, and other personal papers to the life of the author plus seventy years.
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Mrs. Dorothy Fillio, Warrington (Fla.), from the estate of her mother, May 1982
- Kennedy, John F, 1917-1963--Assassination. (Person)
- Altrusa Club of Pensacola. (Organization)
- League of Women Voters (U.S.). (Organization)
- Northwest Florida Crippled Children's Association. (Organization)
- Pensacola Symphony Orchestra. (Organization)
- American Legion. Auxiliary. (Organization)
- Warrington Business and Professional Women's Club (Warrington, Fla.). (Organization)
- Warrington Hemerocallis Society (Warrington, Fla.). (Organization)
- Catholic High School (Pensacola, Fla.). (Organization)
- University Hospital (Pensacola, Fla.). Auxiliary. (Organization)
- Pensacola Art Center. (Organization)
- Sacred Heart Church (Pensacola, Fla.) (Organization)
- Sheen, Bishop Fulton J. (Person)
- Art and Study Club (Pensacola, Fla.) (Organization)
- Tesch, Eileen. (Person)
- Hollowell, Maude Haynes. (Person)
- Windsor, Edward, Duke of, 1894-1972. (Person)
- Windsor, Wallis Warfield Simpson. (Person)
- Dowd, Jim. (Person)
Genre / Form
- Bellview (Fla.)--History.
- Pensacola (Fla.)--History--1959-1977.
- Pensacola (Fla.)--History--1964.
- Pensacola (Fla.)--Hurricane, 1926.
- Pensacola (Fla.)--Hurricane, 1979
- Warrington (Fla.)--History.
- Civic improvement--Florida--Bellview--Societies, etc.
- Civic improvement--Florida--Pensacola--Societies, etc.
- Outer Space--Exploration--United States.
- Panama City (Fla.)--Sealab.
- Pensacola (Fla.)--Commerce.
- Presidents--United States--Assassination.
- Presidents--United States--Election--1960.
- Prisoners of war--United States.
- Prisoners of war--Vietnam.
- Veterans--Florida--Warrington--Societies, etc.
- Vietnamese Conflict, 1961-1975--Prisoners and prisons, Vietnamese.
- Vietnamese Conflict, 1961-1975.
- Women--Florida--Bellview--Societies and clubs, etc.
- Women--Florida--Pensacola--Societies and Clubs.
- Hollowell, Maude Haynes, Papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note