Ellsworth Research Collection
Collection — Container: M1982-13
Scope and Contents
Research records of Lucius F. and Linda Ellsworth pertaining to the development and publication of Pensacola, the Deep Water City (1986) including manuscript drafts, photograph and illustration files, correspondence, publicity about the book, and subject files pertaining to Pensacola, and many photographs and research items not used in the final book. Files include a newspaper index to Pensacola newspapers (1937) by Modeste Hargis.
- Other: Date acquired: 00/00/1982
- Ellsworth, Lucius F. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open to researchers, dependent on our compliance with U.S. Copyright Law, HIPPA requirements, donor agreements and other applicable state and federal statutes. Occasionally we may need to review a collection before permitting immediate access.
Conditions Governing Use
Digital photography, scanning, and photocopying of materials is prohibited. Permission may be granted by the Special Collections Librarian for such reprography dependent on issues of copyright, ownership, condition, donor agreements, etc. In general, staff do not make reproductions of copyright materials or materials for which title is not owned by the institution. Recent revisions in the U.S. Copyright Law extended the copyright of correspondence, letters, and other personal papers to the life of the author plus seventy years.
Language of Materials
Manuscript drafts, photograph photocopies, photographs used in the final book are arranged numerically in order of appearance, research files are arranged alphabetically.
Source of Acquisition
Lucius and Linda Ellsworth, 1982
Accruals and Additions
Addition made in 1985
- American newspapers--Florida--Pensacola. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ellsworth, Linda.
- Ellsworth, Lucius F.
- Hargis, Modeste.
- Histories--Florida--Pensacola. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Illustrations--Florida--Pensacola. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Indexes (reference sources)--Florida--Pensacola. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Pensacola (Fla.)--History. Subject Source: Local sources
- Photographs--Florida--Pensacola. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ellsworth Research Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note