Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Records and papers, 1953-1983, of the Pensacola Altrusa Club including correspondence, publications, minutes, newsletters, and other materials including a history of the Club by Maude Hollowell. Includes records concerning the local club, the clubs in Districts 3 and 4, and materials concerning the Altrusa International, including annual reports and publications. [4,608 pieces]
Oral history interview of Lola Lee Daniell Bruington, of Pensacola, by Sandra F. Whitehead with tapes and typed transcripts. Mrs. Bruington discusses area cemeteries, (especially St. Michaels), the red light district, bootlegging, her work as educator and nurse at Camp Dix, Bellevue Hospital, and at Vassar, and her childhood and life in Pensacola.
Research records of Lucius F. and Linda Ellsworth pertaining to the development and publication of Pensacola, the Deep Water City (1986) including manuscript drafts, photograph and illustration files, correspondence, publicity about the book, and subject files pertaining to Pensacola, and many photographs and research items not used in the final book. Files include a newspaper index to Pensacola newspapers (1937) by Modeste Hargis.
Records, 1880-1997, including registers, minute books, histories, worship service bulletins, newsletters, publications, sermons, and other papers. Early records on microfulm cover 1880-1975 and include a roster of pastors, elders, communicants and baptisms, 1896-1969; session minutes 1880-1975; board of deacons minute books, 1885-1933; and other papers.
Personal papers including photocopies of the Pensacola High School Tattler (1918-1919), photocopies of early Pensacola postcards and photographs, oral history tapes with Mrs. Johnson, and other related materials.
Records, 1967- , including annual reports, correspondence, and other materials concerning donations, history of the department, the Friends of the Library and related materials.
Audiotapes of an Oral History Project conducted by UWF faculty member Dr. Thomas Gilliam on the early formation and creation of the University of West Florida. Narrators include Phillip D. Beall, Warren Briggs, Harold Crosby, Jack Fiveash, Elizabeth Hawes, J. B. Hopkins, and Gordon Wells.
Records, 1972- , including financial statements, history, special promotions, and related materials.
Other materials concerning the history of the radio station may be found in the records of the Office of Academic Affairs, and in the biography file of Tom Perry (M1982-11).
- Subject: Histories--Florida--Pensacola. X
- Histories--Florida--Pensacola. 7
- Oral histories--Florida--Pensacola. 4
- Minutes--Florida--Pensacola. 3
- Photographs--Florida--Pensacola. 3
- Pensacola (Fla.)--History. 2
- Pensacola (Fla.)--Social life and customs. 2
- Universities and colleges--Florida--Pensacola. 2
- Advertising agencies--Florida--Pensacola. 1
- Advertising--Florida--Pensacola. 1
- Aircraft carriers--United States. 1
- American newspapers--Florida--Pensacola. 1
- Annual Reports--Florida--Pensacola. 1
- Archaeology--Florida--Pensacola. 1
- Armed Forces Day. 1
- Audio cassettes--Florida--Pensacola. 1
- Audiotapes--Florida--Pensacola. 1
- Baptismal records--Florida--Pensacola. 1
- Camp Dix (N.J.)--History--20th century. 1
- Cemeteries--Florida. 1
- Church bulletins--Florida--Pensacola. 1 ∧ less
- University of West Florida 3
- Leitch, Hugh J., (Hugh John), 1920- --Correspondence. 2
- University of West Florida. 2
- Altrusa Club of Pensacola 1
- Altrusa Club of Pensacola. 1
- Altrusa International. 1
- Antietam (Aircraft carrier). 1
- Appleyard Agency. 1
- Appleyard, John. 1
- Barkley House (Pensacola, Fla.) 1
- Barnhart, Cliff. 1
- Barnhart, Hamilton, Campfield, Inc. 1
- Beall, Phillip D., 1915-1988. 1
- Bell family--Genealogy. 1
- Bellevue Hospital. 1
- Blount and Blount and Carter. 1
- Bobe family. 1
- Bonifay family. 1
- Born, Pat. 1
- Bowden, Jesse Earle. 1 ∧ less