Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Personal papers, 1946-1951, including a scrapbook, publications, commencement and football programs, and other papers reflecting activities as a student at Pensacola High School (1946-1948), as a student nurse at Sacred Heart Hospital School of Nursing (1948-1951) and at Pensacola Hospital School of Nursing Education (1948), and other activities in Pensacola during this time period.
Oral history interview of Lola Lee Daniell Bruington, of Pensacola, by Sandra F. Whitehead with tapes and typed transcripts. Mrs. Bruington discusses area cemeteries, (especially St. Michaels), the red light district, bootlegging, her work as educator and nurse at Camp Dix, Bellevue Hospital, and at Vassar, and her childhood and life in Pensacola.
Family correspondence, 1895-1920, newspapers clippings, family photographs and various papers relating to Simpson & Company Lumber Mill, Bagdad, Florida. Mr. H.T. Wright, Mrs. Carpenter's, was a prominent member of this firm. Many photographs from Mrs. Carpenter's family photograph album, 1900-1914, were copied and deposited in the Pensacola picture file.
Personal papers of George F. Gardner (1896-1980) consisting of diaries (1955-1980) and notebooks (1937- ) including journals of a trip to Canada and Detroit in 1937, to Florida in 1940, and letters describing Saipan, Marianas Islands in 1949.
NOTES: Original 1980 piece count showed 31 items; a new count in 1983 showed 49 pieces with the new addition of 8 pieces to get the 57 total.
Personal papers including photocopies of the Pensacola High School Tattler (1918-1919), photocopies of early Pensacola postcards and photographs, oral history tapes with Mrs. Johnson, and other related materials.
Photocopies of research materials concerning Conecuh County, Alabama, 1814-1877, including letters (1844-1860) of James Jones about life in Conecuh, the 1860 Presidential election, cotton business, and activities in Pensacola. Other materials cover the Battle of Horseshoe Bend and Fort Jackson (1814), Fort Pickens (1861), a biography of Dr. George Columbus Reynolds, and a history of the Perote area, Pike County, Alabama.
Collection contains correspondence, minutes of directors, reports, programs, publicity material and newspaper clippings of four organizations in which Mr. Todd, present owner of T.T. Todd Wholesale Grocery Company, was a director of during the late 1950s and early 1960s. These include The Fiesta of Five Flags, The Pensacola Port Authority, the State Chamber of Commerce and the Pensacola Y.M.C.A.
- Subject: Pensacola (Fla.)--Social life and customs. X
- Pensacola (Fla.)--Social life and customs. 8
- Oral histories--Florida--Pensacola. 2
- Photographs--Florida. 2
- Programs--Florida--Pensacola. 2
- Audiotapes--Florida--Pensacola. 1
- Bagdad (Fla.) 1
- Bagdad (Fla.)--Social life and customs. 1
- Biographies. 1
- Blackwater (Fla.) 1
- Camp Dix (N.J.)--History--20th century. 1
- Canada--Description and travel. 1
- Cartes-de-visite--Florida. 1
- Cemeteries--Florida. 1
- Conecuh County (Ala.)--History. 1
- Cotton trade--Southern States. 1
- Detroit (Mich.)--Description and travel. 1
- Diaries. 1
- Dinner clubs. 1
- Family papers--Florida--Pensacola. 1
- Fiesta of Five Flags (Pensacola, Fla.) 1 ∧ less
- Pensacola High School. 3
- Allen family--Photographs. 1
- Askew, Reuben. 1
- Barrineau, Barbara 1
- Bellevue Hospital. 1
- Blount and Blount and Carter. 1
- Brackin, W. L.--Photographs. 1
- Bruington, Lola Lee Daniell 1
- Bruington, Lola Lee Daniell--Interviews 1
- Bushnell, R. M.--Correspondence. 1
- Carpenter family. 1
- Carpenter, Cornelia 1
- Daniels Family. 1
- Didmus family--Photographs. 1
- Dorsey, Jimmy. 1
- Duglass, D. D.--Photographs. 1
- Dupey, A. E.--Photographs. 1
- Florida Chamber of Commerce. 1
- Gardner, George Frederic 1
- Green, Dasie--Photographs. 1 ∧ less