Showing Collections: 361 - 380 of 380
Watson, William H., Papers
Weber, Theodore, Collection
Watercolor paintings, 1904-1910, of float designs for Pensacola Mardi Gras parades.
OTHER INFORMATION: Several Mardi Gras items of 1904, describe Float 2 as "The Naiads Guardians of the Springs--a water foundation gushed from a rock and beautiful nymph sstood in the recess of a mountain cave. A great frog and 2 snails sat on a mossy bank."
Weddell, Justin R., Papers
Pamphlets, advertising brochures and other imprints, ca. 1950-1966, designed or written by Mr. Weddell, prominent Pensacola artist and publicist.
Weekes, Warren, Collection
Weeks, Roger G., Papers
Wentworth, T. T., Papers
Personal papers of T.T. Wentworth, including publications and other materials concerning Pensacola history, Mr. Wentworth and his family, the T.T. Wentworth Museum and related materials.
Wernicke, Otto Heinrich Louis, Papers
West Florida Genealogical Society Records
Records, 1982- , including minutes, committee files, conference materials, lineage charts, membership records, and related records.
OTHER INFORMATION: Newsletters that are not in the collection are kept with the West Florida Periodical Files. Journals are in BWF/RBR.
West Florida Historic Preservation Inc., Historic District Survey File
West Florida Natural Resources Council Records
Records, 1969-1971, including minutes, correspondence, reports, and subject files concerning the Council's work in the study of pollution in the Escambia Bay, Escambia River, Mulat Bayou, and related waterways. Subjects covered include the dog fly, coastal zone management, the environment, water pollution, and other environmental concerns in pollution control.
West Florida Press Association Records
Records, 1985-1988, including minutes, newsletters, membership files, and publications such as Media West. Organized to serve media professionals and provide educational enrichment, the Association merged with the Pensacola Press Club in January 1988.
West Florida Railroad Centennial Collection
Research records, newspaper clippings, and other materials pertaining to the West Florida Railroad Centennial in 1982. Includes genealogical records of descendants of railroad employees in West Florida, information on the history of the Louisville and Nashville Railroad, materials on the Chipley Centennial and town history, artifacts, and other related papers.
West Florida Video Collection
Whitaker, Hurdis, Collection
Papers of Hurdis Whitaker (1874-192 6), including photocopies and newspaper clippings relating to his management of the Muscogee Commissary for the Southern States Lumber Company, 1909-1917, and as Sheriff of Escambia County, 1920's. Other topics include Governor Sidney J. Catts, Mrs. O. H. Thompson of Crestview, and the Whitaker family.
White, Joseph M., Papers
Biographical information and correspondence of Joseph M. White.
Wiley, Harry L., Collection
Manuscript arithmetic book, 1804; maps of the Pensacola region, 1935-1948, and other papers and photographs, ca. 1920-1950.
William B. Runyan Papers
Woolley, William Frederick, Papers
Colonel, U. S. Air Force; Assistant Professor of Management, University of West Florida.
Personal papers, 1930-1981, consisting of photocopies of citations, diplomas, service records, and related papers. Includes materials on the dedication of Pisan Fountain sculpture at UWF in his memory, 1981.
Yonge Family Papers
Correspondence, legal papers and business records, 1781‑1934. With files of the Pensacola Land Company, established in 1835, legal drafts and notes of Chandler Cox Yonge (1818‑1889), and correspondence of his son, Philip Keyes Yonge (1850‑1934), prominent lawyer, educator and businessman. The emphasis of the collection is on land speculation in Territorial Florida, and contains numerous maps and legal papers pertaining to land titles in East and West Florida.
Young Men's Christian Association (Pensacola, Fla.) Records
Records of the Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA) of Pensacola, Florida, 1881-present. Includes annual reports, minutes, newspaper clippings, press releases, and photographs and other materials concerning the history of the YMCA, its buildings, programs, and activities in Pensacola. Key individuals include Oscar Brock, Maurice Davis, and Robert Hart. Includes materials on the United Service Organization (USO).
- Minutes--Florida--Pensacola. 25
- Photographs--Florida--Pensacola. 19
- Universities and colleges--Florida--Pensacola. 17
- Photographs--Florida. 16
- Pensacola (Fla.) 12
- Programs--Florida--Pensacola. 12
- Scrapbooks--Florida--Pensacola. 12
- Women--Florida--Pensacola--Societies and Clubs. 10
- Pensacola (Fla.)--History. 9
- Photographs. 9
- Financial records--Florida--Pensacola. 8
- Genealogies--Florida. 8
- Pensacola (Fla.)--Social life and customs. 8
- Genealogies. 7
- Histories--Florida--Pensacola. 7
- Minutes--Florida. 7
- Naval Air Station Pensacola (Fla.) 7
- Pensacola (Fla.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865. 7
- Reports--Florida--Pensacola. 7
- Newsletters--Florida--Pensacola. 6 + ∧ less
- English 379
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- University of West Florida 39
- Pensacola Navy Yard (Fla.) 10
- University of West Florida. 9
- Pensacola High School. 8
- University of West Florida--Administration. 6
- Pensacola Yacht Club. 5
- Sikes, Robert L. F. (1906-1994)--Correspondence. 5
- University of West Florida--Libraries. 5
- Watson family. 5
- White, Joseph M., 1781-1839. 5
- Bagdad Land and Lumber Company. 4
- Escambia County 4
- John C. Pace Library. Special Collections Dept. 4
- Louisville and Nashville Railroad Company. 4
- Panton, Leslie & Company. 4
- Pensacola Chamber of Commerce. 4
- Sacred Heart Hospital (Pensacola, Fla.) 4
- Santa Rosa County 4
- Simpson & Company Lumber Mill (Bagdad, Fla.) 4
- United Daughters of the Confederacy, Penasacola (Fla.) 4 + ∧ less